
A step back in time just two short years ago... It was August 2006, we had just bought our first house, moved in, and stayed packed up for a road trip to the beautiful Oregon Coast. Our first big official family vacation.
And it was glorious.

Ammon did really well through the drive. He was still small enough he slept a lot of the way which helped a lot. He was an adorable 2 and a half. We drove about 10 hours, then stayed a night in Washington at my Aunt Latricia & Uncle Joel's house, and then drove a few more hours and made it to Grandma Stoddard's place where we met up with my parents and siblings. We stayed a night near there in a little campground cabin in Champoeg, and the next day drove a few more hours and reached the Coast. It was magnificent.


We camped at Beverly Beach, and it was a two minute walk through the forested camprgound and under an old bridge and we were at the sandy beach.

Ammon loved the ocean!

The weather was beautiful and the trip couldn't have gone more smoothly or more enjoyably. It was perfect. I just wanted to take a moment to share some of it. I wish I could show more and say more, but words just don't describe and it would take more time than I have right now...



We visited the Tillamook cheese factory- a family tradition. Yummy cheese curds and fresh ice cream. Ammon was in heaven. I think those were 50 lb. blocks of cheese. I can't remember for sure, but they were huge. Cheese was his favorite food by far at that time in his life. He lived on cheese and Pediasure. (I'm not kidding.)

Maribeth & Jared and little Ammon
Good Times!
7 Comments:
Hooray Maribeth! I am SO glad to see you in the blogging world! This post was awesome! I took a coastal trip once and it was so beautifully breathtaking...so I know what you're saying about not having the time to describe it. At least you get some idea from the pictures. Well, I gotta go, speaking of time, kids gotta go to school. Nice work girly!
Love ya, P.
wow! look how small Ammon is and YOU ! you with your short hair! I'd totally forgotten your hair used to be like that. I'm glad to see you're rededicating yourself to the blogging world... hee hee. Maybe by the time we move you'll be a regular blogger and we'll be in the habit of keeping in touch! yess!
So cute! Look how little Ammon was! It's amazing how fast they grow. Of course, we haven't seen him in a while, but from pictures, it looks like he's grown a LOT! I love that little pointed hoodie he is wearing in the beach pictures! I think I could go for a cheese factory right now, too...
All of the photos are good, especially the one on top.
I love the beach picture oh he is so cute!!
These are really fun pictures! :) The coast looks beautiful. Post some more stuff--it's fun to read your blog. Talk to you soon!
Sweet Blog!! The Student has now become The Master. Those are some awesome pictures. Wish I could have gone with you on your trip to the coast.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home