Saturday, May 30, 2009

What we have been up to...

Behold, here is our cute little house the summer we moved in, July 2006:

And...ta da! Here it is now, May 2009:
It could use some flowers out front, but the house looks so different! We are really happy with how the color turned out and it's so fun to see the house change and improve!
Even more impressive is the garage before/after:

We are so glad that summer is finally here!
Amid the construction and usual craziness Ammon started T-ball a couple weeks ago. I think overall he really enjoys it, especially practicing with Dad in the yard. He also likes the fact that when he bats he gets to wear the pink helmet. He's secure in his masculinity. He's such a cute little guy and we've enjoyed watching him play, even if it's with his shoes when he gets bored in the outfield, or when he's not paying attention and the whole team has cleared the field and the other team is coming out. Quite entertaining! He's doing great hitting, throwing, and catching.

Ammon and Nathan Now to where the real construction has been...
Here are some pictures of the floor basically as it's been since we moved in. It had one or two more layers of linoleum/tile/junk, but this is pretty much what it has looked and we havent enjoyed it being an unfinished floor.

BeforeAfter!It looks so pretty! Just before we moved in the original hardwood had been uncovered and refinished in the rest of the house, so after 2 1/2 years of hoping, we were happy to uncover continuous hardwood throughout the hallway and kitchen! It looks fantastic and so much better than we had even hoped!

A few weeks ago we went to Safe Kids Day, an event in N. Ogden that the friend I babysit for helped organize. Ammon was thrilled to meet the Star Wars characters and it's fueled his obsession with Anakin/Darth Vader. In just the last few months Ammon has taken to drawing, and he started with lightsabers. Lots and lots of lightsabers. He's very creative with them but he also likes to see pictures of actual lightsabers and replicate them. Now he's been into drawing Darth Vader's mask and now thats included at least once in every drawing session.Here's Ammon's homemade Anakin outfit that, yes, I let him wear to school the other day. Snow boots and all, in the middle of May! I only helped a little and I did make him leave his bubble lightsaber and glove home. He wasn't thrilled about that. He was so particular about dressing just right and even having his hair done with the sides forward and the front curved to the side, just like Anakin.Back to the kitchen....
These first three are the same doorway, just slightly different views.This is the wall we took out...And the old original cabinets that were built into the walls and had to be taken out piece by piece. No easy project!Below is the old kitchen light.
And now we have six can lights instead. Much more light!And the fridge is actually part of the kitchen area now! It's home has been in the dining room until today!It's coming together!
YAY! It's been amazing to see how quickly it's coming along. We've had a lot of help, too- THANKS EVERYONE!
It's so much more open and light and new and pretty!

6 Comments:

Blogger ☂niki. said...

Your house is so cute.

I love seeing all the before and afters. I can truly relate!

Ammon is so cute. He looks just like you!

How have you been feeling? Do you know what you are having???

May 31, 2009 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Lover of Sweets said...

Hooray! I can't wait to come to your house for book club and see it in person. It looks awesome!
I love that you let him dress like Anakin for preschool...you are an awesome mom!
Hope all is well with pregnancy and your cute little family!

June 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Ogden High said...

I have to tell you that I drove past your house the other day and I screamed because it looked so cute! What a great color! Great job! The house looks so cute!

June 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Wow! I'm impressed. Your house sure looks great. The photos of Ammon are awesome!

June 4, 2009 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Kass said...

It was so fun to see ya at Bookclub. The kitchen is awesome and I can't wait to see it for real! So excited for your little baby boy!

July 18, 2009 at 1:11 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

It looks GREAT maribeth!!!

July 24, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home